- Your first deposit of $5 entitles you to all credit union benefits
- Savings programs are available for all ages
Retirement Accounts (IRA)*
Best suited if you don't need a tax break now. You can withdraw regular contributions anytime tax-free and penalty-free, and you don't have to take distributions at age 70 1/2.
If you want a tax deduction now, or if you think you'll be in a lower tax bracket when you retire.
Best suited to fund a wide range of educational expenses.
*Be sure to check with your financial tax advisor for eligibility and determining which account is best for your financial position.
Christmas Club Accounts
- A "full" account runs from November 1st thru 2nd payday in October of following year and may be started/stopped at any time of the year
- Accounts earn dividends
- Only $5 per pay period is the minimum payroll deduction
- Members with an MHPFCU checking account have a special advantage! Christmas Club funds are directly transferred into your MHPFCU checking account on the 28th of October
- Those without an MHPFCU checking account may pick up a check for their Christmas Club on the 1st Friday in November, at the Annual Employee Craft Show
- Get a head start on shopping!
- The only fee is on withdrawals prior to normal distribution date
- You title it. Usually established for periodic expenses, such as taxes, insurance, tuition and vacation.
- Payroll deductions will build your account to cover these items and eliminate the stress on your paycheck when the "big ticket" is received.